Hollow Bridge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollow Bridge

An online Vampire: The Masquerade Play By Post roleplaying game set in White Wolf's World of Darkness

HomeLatest imagesRegisterWikiLog in
Game Date: Friday 14th June 2013
Real Time: Monday 16th March 2015 - Friday 3rd April 2015
Weather Report: Cloudless night, Cold with light rain

Combat and How it Works...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baz
Unyielding Tyrant from Hell
Baz

Combat and How it Works... Empty
PostSubject: Combat and How it Works...   Combat and How it Works... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Storyteller Note: Due to several complications that have occurred, the Combat Sequence has been modified again. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. I appreciate your patience whilst I attempt to streamline everything to ensure smooth running.

Combat
During Combat Scenes, please post once in the following manner:

Initiative
Add together your character's Dexterity and Wits Scores to give you your base initiative. Then, use the Dice Roller to add 1d10, giving you your Initiative Score for the duration of the combat scene.

Declaration of Intent
Multiple actions are not permitted. In my experience, they complicate a Combat Scene too much. However, there are certain actions that can be done in conjunction with interacting. You should post all actions that your character is performing, using the following method:

- Declare Vitae Expenditure
- Declare Action (making note of the dice pool being used) and roll all the necessary dice using the Dice Roller
- Assume that the action succeeded and roll the appropriate damage dice (if applicable) using the Dice Roller

Summary of the Combat Round
Once all actions have been posted, please await a summary of the Combat Round from the Storyteller. This may take some time depending on the number of actions/characters involved, so please be patient. The Storyteller will roll all reflexive actions (Soak dice or resistance dice).

The Next Round
Initiative will not be rolled again. All subsequent actions require players to post their next round's actions as mentioned above in Declaration of Intent.

Length of Time Allowed
A combat needs to be resolved as quickly as possible. If someone is unable to post their preferred course of action within a two-hour period, that player's character will forgo their action in favour of taking a defensive action. Normally, I would accept actions submitted via PM, but the past week (9th November 2009 to 13th November 2009) saw my PM Inbox overloaded with requests for me to perform actions on behalf of players. Considering there were 12 active participants in the combat scene, this became very difficult so the practice will no longer be permitted. If you have any questions regarding an action, whether it be clarification of a dice pool or whether such an action is allowable, please feel free to PM me with your query.

Storyteller Note
I appreciate that this system is clunky, but this should allow all scenes to be streamlined. I also realise that this allows others to immediately determine the Generation of a Character by observing any vitae expenditure. I would ask that all players refrain from using this "mechanical" knowledge for their characters. Using such knowledge is classified as "Metagaming".

Example: (Note that the example does not use actual statistics and is intended for illustration purposes only)
Aaron: 12+
Baz carried out 1 launched of one d10 :
Combat and How it Works... Die_fa19

Spend 2 vitae. 1 for Celerity, and 1 for Stamina.

Aaron attempts to punch Narcissa. Dexterity+Brawl+Celerity Auto Successes (4)
Baz carried out 12 launched of one d10 :
Combat and How it Works... Die_fa14 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa13 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa17 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa10 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa17 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa16 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa15 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa16 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa15 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa14 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa18 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa19

Damage: + Potence (10)
Baz carried out 8 launched of one d10 :
Combat and How it Works... Die_fa17 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa16 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa19 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa17 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa11 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa12 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa16 , Combat and How it Works... Die_fa15
Back to top Go down
http://hollowbridge.vampire-legend.net

Combat and How it Works...
Page 1 of 1